CopyCat Chick Fil A Nuggets and Sauce
Just like Chick Fil A but better because you made it!
FOR THE CHICKEN NUGGETS
- 1 pound chicken breasts, (boneless & skinless) cut into nugget sized chunks
** Pick up a case today @ Reisinger Poultry, Inc. **
- 1 cup dill pickle juice
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1½ cup flour
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups peanut oil for frying,
FOR THE CHICK FIL A SAUCE
- ¼ cup mayo
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Start by making the Chick Fil A honey mustard dipping sauce. Combine mayo, honey, lemon juice, dijon mustard and mustard in a mixing bowl and whisk together until well combined and sauce is smooth. Move to a smaller bowl and refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a large glass bowl, add the uncooked chicken nuggets, dill pickle juice and buttermilk. Allow chicken to marinate in this mixture for 30 minutes or longer.
- Remove chicken from this mixture and in a new bowl toss with a well beaten egg.
- In a gallon size Ziploc bag, combine flour, powdered sugar and salt and pepper.
- Add the uncooked chicken into the bag and toss to mix well and completely coat the chicken.
- In a large wide frying pan, heat peanut oil to medium high heat. Test the oil to see if it’s at the right temperature before beginning by a few drops of water into the frying pan. The oil should sizzle, but not pop. Adjust your heat if necessary.
- Working in batches, add the uncooked chicken to the hot oil to cook. With tongs, turn each nugget over to cook well on all sides.
- Once browned remove chicken from oil and place on a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Repeat until all chicken nuggets are cooked.
- Let nuggets cool a bit. Enjoy with the dipping sauce!
Recipe by NoBiggie get the full video at –> http://www.nobiggie.net/copycat-chick-fil-nuggets-and-sauce/
Author: Kami – NoBiggie.net