3rd shift Assistant Supervisor (York, Pa)
Compensation: salary and bonus Employment type: full-time
Reisinger Poultry Inc. is seeking a 3rd shift refrigerated warehouse/shipping & receiving asst. supervisor to directly supervise and coordinate activities in the warehouse/ shipping/ receiving department to ensure accuracy and maximize productivity.
- Ensure the cooler/freezer work area is clean and organized at all times
- Trains & instructs employees in regard to work performed, overseas instruction, implementation & enforcement of company policies.
- Lead by example
- Planning, directing work, addressing employee complaints, and resolving problems.
- Supervises all phases of shipping, receiving, and warehouse operations
- Maintain inventory and product loss control, coordinate accurate and timely shipping, receiving, and ensure safety & operational guidelines are met
- Ensure proper procedures are being followed for efficiency, quality of work, employee safety, and state and federal guidelines
- Works with management and staff to assign, direct, review, and monitor work of employees to maximize productivity and accuracy
- Establish and monitor employees’ work schedules to meet needs of business.
- Recommend improvements to reduce cost, drive productivity, and increase accuracy
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school degree / GED
- Ability to select, coach, engage, and retain a team of employees
- Familiar with warehouse, shipping and receiving practices
- Familiar with computers
- Positive communication skills
- Ability to adapt to changing operational needs (ability to lead others through change)
- Ability to multi-task
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong team player
Full Time Dockworkers
Location: York, PA,
Reisinger Poultry Inc. is a wholesale distributor of quality food products. We’re constantly looking for talented individuals at all levels who can deliver the caliber of service our customers require. If you’re ready to give us your best, let’s talk. We’d like to invest in you.
Pay Starts at $10.00 per hour
At Reisinger, you will work alongside a top caliber team that not only understands the transportation industry but the importance of utilizing and developing people. If you are looking to build a solid and long-lasting career with locally owned and operated company then you have found your company.
- Available to work a variety of shifts; primarly third shift – nights and Saturdays due to varying freight volumes.
- Efficiently sort, handle, load and unload palletized and non-palletized freight using appropriate motorized and manual equipment, including pallet jack, and by hand as needed.
- Utilize mobile hand held devices for tracking shipments.
- Safely climb in and out of trucks/trailers.
- Lift freight and other objects of various shapes, sizes and weights (up to 60 lbs. frequently and greater than 80 lbs. occasionally).
- Secure freight inside trailers using appropriate tools and supplies (e.g. pallets, straps, load bars).
- Safely walk and stand for extended periods of time on a loading dock that is climate-controlled and may be cold and slippery.
- Safely walk, reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat and kneel as necessary to perform the job duties.
- Verify and complete required documentation and reports.
- Ability to handle hazardous materials.
- Adhere to company safety policies.
- Frequent contact with service center personnel; fast-pace and deadline oriented.
- Safely work in adverse weather conditions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Prompt, daily attendance at assigned work location.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Prior dock/warehouse experience in the transportation industry is a plus.
- Prior power jack experience in a freight / less than truckload environment preferred.
- Prior experience loading and unloading trailers preferred.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Highly motivated individual with attention to detail.
- Ability to count and perform basic math, with or without a calculator.
- Basic written and verbal communication skills (documentation, communication with peers, supervisors, etc.)
- Ability to bend, twist, squat, pushing/pulling freight throughout shift.
- Ability to follow instructions and complete required training.
- Ability to work independently and/or as a team member.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions with or without an accommodation.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time-to-time, as needed.
Reisinger Poultry Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that strives to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture.